October 28, 2010

beautiful Romania

Romania is truly a beautiful country...it's just a pity that people here don't make an effort to embellish it with modern ideas, that other countries lived with for decades now... We're waaaayyy back... and that gets on my nerves... And every time I travel outside the country, a dual sentiment overwhelms me ... it's a lot of joy and it's sadness too. I love travelling and learning new things about other cultures, but in the meanwhile I am so aware of the fact that my country is behind, beginning with the outlook of the people, ending with all the institutions that conceive Romania...
Anyway... I want to talk about good things here though... and for that matter I can (at least) proudly say that we have astonishing nature all around Romania... Here are some pics that we took as we were going back to Maramures, from the Theatre Festival in Piatra Neamt. All the theatre crew wanted to eat so we took a break on the Tihuta Pass, in the mountains...
Enjoy!
The pics below were taken at the "Ion Creanga Thematic Museum" in Humulesti, Neamt. Ion Creanga is considered the best romanian narrator (or story teller). And he really has some nice & funny stories. Plus he was born on the lands were my grandparents were born, I lived my childhood summers where he used to play... so I always felt a connection with his stories. It will ever be an absolute joy and pleasure to visit those places.
Inna and me fell in love with a splendid tomcat, who was hired to keep watch and ward over the museum...He was kind enough to allow us pet him! So we did...
:)))

No comments: